5 Things to Consider When Planning an Outdoor Wedding
As a popular Eau Claire wedding venue, we’ve learned a thing or two about the art of planning. If you’re hoping to have an outdoor wedding this spring or summer, you’ll want to avoid any big surprises on the big day. Do just that by following our top tips below:
1. Just let nature take its course. When planning an outdoor wedding, many brides-to-be fail to recognize that less is always more. Nature is what sets the scene for guests. The decorative details should enhance, rather than detract from this natural scenery. Keep it simple, personalized and classy.
2. Keep an eye on the weather. Eau Claire isn’t known for the best weather conditions. And frankly, Mother Nature has more important things to worry about than your wedding. If you want to improve your chances of a dry, comfortable outdoor wedding, track average temperatures and precipitation levels. The Weather Channel has a “Set the Date” calculator just for this.
3. Have a back-up plan. The perfect location for your outdoor wedding should have an indoor wedding location waiting inside just in case. A tent can also serve as a substitute during mild-to-moderate storms when you’re in a pinch. Just make sure that it’s sturdy enough with weighted sides to withstand windy weather.
4. Consider everyone. If you’re planning a medium-to-large wedding event, there will guests from all walks of life attending – from toddlers to great grandfathers. Think about your guests and provide extras (e.g., tents, paper umbrellas, ice water) that will ensure everyone is comfortable being outside for an extended period of time.
5. Don’t forget the paperwork. Though paperwork is probably one of the least exciting aspects of wedding planning, proper licensing or permits may be necessary to ensure the big day details are completely legal. Certain locations may require permission – depending on where you get married and how many guests you have. Contact local city government just to make sure.
At Lake Wissota, we specialize in both Eau Claire wedding ceremonies and receptions. Whether you choose an outdoor or indoor wedding, we’ll set a picturesque scene for you and your guests. Contact us today to learn more about our wedding services!Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons